Subject: If Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napolean Bonaparte and Hannibal fought in a tournament together, who would win?
Newsgroup: humanities.classics
Date: 12/16/2017
Time: 14:38:57
Show headers

  If Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napolean Bonaparte and Hannibal foug=
ht in a tournament together, who would win?
Abbey Laurel-Smith
Abbey Laurel-Smith, works at Politics
Answered Apr 4
Without mincing words or even thinking twice, i=E2=80=99ll go for a simple =
General who proved himself to be the most cunning, most resourceful, most f=
erocious at raid and pitch battles, most thrifty and most economical with a=
ll his campaigns.

My choice will be that prudent tactician, strategist, publicist and diploma=
t who fought all his battles leading in the front rather than in the center=
or rely on being shielded beside his soldiers.

I=E2=80=99ll go for that proven commander who turned out to be most calcula=
tive and most deceptive to his enemies because he was at pain to loose the =
life of any one of the simple farmhands, volunteers and non-professional so=
ldiers who fought all his battles.

Though not known as a mathematical genius, or a botanist, this unassuming c=
ommander (my choice) was the first to adapt =E2=80=9Ccell potency type of f=
ormation=E2=80=9D in all his campaign to defeat well equipped and well fed =
professional armies - even when always outnumbered at pitch battles on land=
and at sea.

He was not a weather man, but he knew enough that when you fight with the w=
ind, rather than go against the flow of the wind, the smell of your horse s=
hit, your camp waste, mixed with flame and the dust of your raiding cavalry=
is enough to temporarily disenfranchise the other attacking party. More so=
if you can deceptively pivot your attacking moves so the other infantry an=
d the other cavalry ends up:

massed and boxed-in with little or no room to move, talk less of slash with=
the sword
whilst experiencing the discomfort of facing the direction of the sun
bogged down after being tricked into a well on a sabotaged =E2=80=9Cmarshy=
=E2=80=9D part of the war theatre
and at the same time inhaling in all the shitty dust his attacking cavalry =
have raised.
My winner out of this lot is Hannibal Barca.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since Scipio beat Hannibal at Zama imo Scipio trumps Hannibal.

If Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napolean Bonaparte and Hannibal fought in a tournament together, who would win?
   da leggere Ed Cryer 12/16 18:02
Re: If Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napolean Bonaparte and Hannibal fought in a tournament together, who would win?
   da leggere John W Kennedy 12/17 13:48
Re: If Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Napolean Bonaparte and Hannibal fought in a tournament together, who would win?

Reply:

Name:

Email:

Text:

Please press the send button only once.
 Contact us Newsgroup directory Webnews help