Subject: Fall from Eden
Newsgroup: humanities.classics
Date: 12/16/2017
Time: 14:16:23
Show headers

  I've always been fascinated with the Eden story; the fall. And I'm not
the only one.
"OF Mans First Disobedience, and the Fruit
Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal tast
Brought Death into the World, and all our woe,
With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,"
(John Milton)

When I was a kid I read John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" and thought it a
masterpiece to rival Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.
Then I read Albert Camus' "L'├ętranger".
But I've just watched a modern film that I put above all of those;
almost Shakespearian in scope;
https://goo.gl/7Zo5Vx

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in trying to reconcile my ideals
with the world as it is.

Ed

Fall from Eden
   da leggere David Amicus 12/16 14:40
Re: Fall from Eden
      da leggere Ed Cryer 12/16 17:48
Re: Fall from Eden
         da leggere Ed Cryer 12/21 14:22
Re: Fall from Eden
            da leggere Ed Cryer 12/22 13:16
Re: Fall from Eden
      da leggere John W Kennedy 12/17 13:40
Re: Fall from Eden
         da leggere David Amicus 12/17 14:15
Re: Fall from Eden

Reply:

Name:

Email:

Text:

Please press the send button only once.
 Contact us Newsgroup directory Webnews help